Archives for: January 2006
As some of you might have noticed, there used to be some severe problems with Blogspot feeds screwing up the layout of Planet UGent.
Some minutes ago, thanks to the great help of Jeff "jdub" Waugh, this has been fixed. All feeds work fine, no b0rked layout,...
The planet is getting more popular every day:
$ cat members.dat | grep -v -e ^# -e ^$ | wc -l
Not that bad, it's only up for a week or so :-)
I'd love to get some more gotchi's though (hint ;-))
Just installed XGL using this howto, and ran it. Doesn't work: windows are rendered well (in FluxBox, not in e17 -> artifacts), but whenever you move a window, the window content isn't updated/re-rendered, don't know how to explain better.
Needs work I guess :-)
- Got around the lack of cron on this server by using some Bash, PHP/shell_exec, wget and an external cron daemon to do the updating
- Top banner thanks to Peter. Using tables, couldn't find a decent way to display the banner
- Fixed encoding issues by moving the index page to a PHP script and use header()
- Make the sidebar fit better. Methinks it's fairly ugly now
- Maybe make the text balloons a little broader
- Add more feeds and add more gotchi's
- Guest Users: 470